Sometimes the things that make the difference on issues like education are so obvious that we just can’t see them. A little research and a couple of teenagers can be counted on to help us see the light.
Other posts in this series:
- Education Rethunk, Part 7: Enducation Series
- Education Rethunk, Part 6: Crossing Cultural Divides in a Rowboat
- Education Rethunk, Part 5: When it Works
- Education Rethunk, Part 4: Dusting Off Our Game
- Education Rethunk, Part 3: Ad-ucation
- Education Rethunk, Part 1
References discussed in the video:
- Schools Kill Creativity, a presentation by Sir Ken Robinson on TED Talks
- The Influence of Parent Education and Family Income on Child Achievement: The Indirect Role of Parental Expectations and the Home Environment, by Pamela Davis-Kean (PDF)
- The Influence of Family and Community Social Capital on Educational Achievement, by Glenn Israel, Lionel Beaulieu, and Glen Hartless (PDF)
Special Thanks to:
- Patrick Rossi, student at Patapsco High School and ROTC program participant.
- Angela Leasca, graduating senior at Roland Park Country School.
- Eric Smallwood, Technical Director of the IRC, who shot the extra footage for this video.